Happy: A Quest for Life After Death

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Tortoise and the Tortoise

Mat's officially been home for one loooong week. We're proud of the progress he's made -- he's eating, walking around a bit, and sleeping through the night! (I may use similar language if I ever have cause to start a baby blog.)

Mat's also watching TV (odd to think of this as progress, but it is) and got the XBox Kelly sent fired up within minutes of its arrival (thanks Kelly!).

We're now in search of the most comfortable chair in the world. Mat has a Lafuma zero-gravity chair (indoor and outdoor comfort! http://www.sitincomfort.com/larech.html), but it's a little lacking in back support. Mat bought a chair from Relax the Back, but after four days it's back relaxing at the store.

Suggestions welcome -- but keep in mind that the client is picky!

2 comments:

Elias said...

It's wonderful to hear of Mat's progess! I hope you too are able to sleep through the night. I wish I had a useful suggestion on the chair, but I'm sending wishes that you'll find one that is actually comfortable enough.

Elias

Rachel said...

So glad Mat is making great strides towards recovery! I hope you are getting a break with your mom there. We sure love our Lazy Boy recliner! Actually it was my parents. It has seen better days, that's for sure! It was the best when I was nursing, fell right back asleep while the kids ate!