Happy: A Quest for Life After Death

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Six Months

Quote of the day:
"It looks like he got it all."
-- Dr. David Ryan, MGH Oncologist


We met with Dr. Ryan today to get surgery results -- pathology report, liver function, etc. Dr. Ryan confirmed that the surgeon, Dr. Tanabe, got "clean margins." This means a safe margin of healthy tissue was removed along with cancerous tissue, so no cancer cells were missed.

The plan now is for Mat to have new MRI scans and other tests every six months to look for recurrence. If it is going to resurface, chances are that would be within the next two or three years, so we're focusing on six clean scans! The first one will be in February.

Aside from the whole bad news parts, I enjoy these trips to the doctor. It's like a mid-day date with my shmoopy. Today the sushi place was closed, so we went to Anna's Taqueria for lunch. The grilled vegetable quesadilla was so good I didn't eat -- I inhaled.

Mat was feeling a bit better today. My response: "Good, now I can get mad at you again."

It's nice to feel normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I have been thinking/hoping/wishing/praying for both of you!
Love,
Stacey & Taylor

Tianyu said...

We are so excited to hear this news!

Congratulations! :)

Krista said...

What amazingly good news!!! I am so thrilled. I think I will celebrate with some sushi too.
Love,
Krista