Happy: A Quest for Life After Death

Monday, September 10, 2007

Labor Day weekend in Maine


We spent Labor Day weekend in Maine, on the site where Mat's brothers Zach and Seth are building a house. It was idyllic except for the bit about being stressed out of my mind. We camped next to a lake, where we went kayaking (me and Ian), wakeboarding (Mat), and surfboarding (Mat, Ian, and Kimberly!).

We didn't get too close to nature -- all the boys were in heaven on go-carts, a four-wheeler, construction equipment (telehandler, skid-loader, excavator, and cat) AND ... a big pile of dirt.

They were dirty but happy.

Even with the post-doctor visit angst, it was a good weekend. We spent time with family (now I can tell the difference between my nephews, twins Isaac and Andrew!), met some new friends (fellow campers), and took a break from life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly:

That sounds like a wonderful vacation. Surfboarding? I must have more details. I've always wanted to visit that part of the country. Now it sounds even better.
Krista

Runa said...

Great work.