Happy: A Quest for Life After Death

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fingers, toes, arms, and legs crossed

Mat met with Dr. Dave today to talk about clinical trial options, and it looks like there may be a match! It's a drug that works to block several of the pathways tumor cells use to grow like kudzu, rather than just one of them. It sounds like a good plan -- we hope Mat will have a chance to find out.

There's a round of tests to determine eligibility that will wrap up tomorrow afternoon, and by the end of the week, we should know whether Mat's eligible.

I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

ellen said...

I've got everything crossed and will say some extra prayers.

Thom said...

Praying.

Annie said...

Kimberly & Mat -
I don't know what to say about this awful illness. What a terrible thing you are dealing with. I will add my prayers to the chorus on your behalf, hoping that this drug will be Roundup to your kudzu.
-Kristiina Sorensen

Shauna said...

We're crossing everything for you at our house. Love and prayers to you.

EmilyCC said...

Yay! That does sound hopeful! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Katie said...

You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

lifeinredshoes said...

Holding my breath.